Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The End is Near!!!


Thank heavens...thanks goodness it's almost over. The end of Lent is near and Easter and the promise of our salvation from ourselves is near. I'm tired. I'm done. I'm ready for this moment of forgiveness...of self realization and renewal. Every year Lent nearly does me in. Remember that I'm Lutheran at heart and teter on the Martin way of self examination. Is this horrible? Is this detrimental? Perhaps. But I know that as I make this journey, I'm truly doing the work to learn, to become and to be the servant and loving person God designed me to be. As we experience Holy Week we journey with all Christians in the way of joy and discovery in this moment of amazement and celebration in the moment of realization of love for all people. Christ only wants us to love and embrace each other. Join with me as we wait for a renewed love for all people in servanthood and respect.

No comments: