Saturday, October 23, 2010

Calm after the storm

The morning...6:00 on a Saturday. All is lovely and calm and I wake in peace and make the coffee. Next...meditation and Bible study. There are moments of question, wonder and peace. Then for the list of Saturday things...chores, correspondance, domestic shopping. Then...BANG! A storm hit us today that really scared me. I went outside and brought everything in that I didn't want to blow away. I cleared out all of the junk from the pantry floor and got in just to make sure I fit. Sure nuff, the weatherman said I should get in there! So I did! I worried about the yard, the roof and trees.
After the sirens stopped and the wind ceased, I came out. I approached the back door tenderly and found that all was well. In my hurried moments of preparring for a storm, I thought, "Why were all those thing not already taken care of? Why hadn't I already put things away that didn't belong outside in the first place?
Why are there things in my life that are 'out there'. That should be 'in'? Why do I wait till there is a crisis to protect and organize my life?

No comments: